With its over 19 years of experience Progress Holding provides bookkeeping and accounting service in Poland for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). Polish accountant service is provided in English for foreigners starting business in Poland.
Accounting and bookkeeping service in Poland. Polish accountant
Progress Holding has been providing bookkeeping services and accountancy advisory for companies in Poland for more than 19 years. We are running an accountancy service for small and medium-sized foreign companies in Poland. Based in Poland our team supports business in accounting services and bookkeeping consultancy. We serve companies in accounting and bookkeeping from Warsaw, Wrocław, Kraków, Poznań, Gdańsk Łódź and Lublin.
Whether accounting, bookkeeping or tax accounting services – our accountants help our customers and support their business. If you have problems with accounting in Polan approach us. In the accounting package, we offer sales support and financial advisory as well as tax adivisory.
Tax advisory and financial service
We advise our customers in various fields how to start business from the beginning and how to expand business. Most of our clients engage in foreign trade, IT services or transportation. All our clients are companies with foreign capital and various profiles: production, e-commerce, international transport and services. Full bookkeeping and accounting services for our clients are provided in English and Polish. This is the answer to the question I am looking for an accounting service in Poland.
We will help you to realize your dream!►
Write to us
We will consult your ideas for free
Progress Holding provides full payroll accounting services. Write to us
We provide services throughout Poland.
If you are interested in accounting services in Warsaw and other cities, offers of accounting companies, accounting for limited liability companies, tax advisory, financial advisory, auditors services, bookkeping for companies, then our offer is just for you.
If your destination is not Warsaw, it is not a problem either. Our accounting and company operates not only within the Mazowieckie Voivodeship, but also throughout Poland. Our accountants are Polish auditors with Ministry Finance licenses. We provide accounting services in English. We will consult your ideas for free, write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scope of services Progress Holding:
Bookkeeping & accounting
CIT & PIT declaration
Personnel & payroll
Handling tax matters
Annual financial reports
to the Social Insurance
Handling issues in
company register KRS
Tax identification for
personnel – PESEL
Preparation of tax returns and social security declarations
Accountant in Poland in 2023
Polish bookkeeping standards are mainly described in the laws, like , Ustawa o rachunkowości, Ustawa o podatku od towarów i usług, Ustawa o podatku od osób prawnych. Bookkeeping in Poland is adjucted to EU standards, but it differs slightly with IAS. Accounting in Poland itself is not very complicated, however it need experience and knowledge of Polish accounting laws. Recently accounting firms in Poland have a lot of work due to change of law. Good Polish accountant constantly is monitoring change of law. Otherwise he can wrongly execute bookkeeping entries. That is why Progress Holding pays substancial attention to quality of the executed work. Majority of our Polish accountans have Ministry of Finance liceneses and monitor permanently news to be awere of all changes in accounting law. Co-operating with Progress Holding you get financial consultant in Poland.
Progress Holding Polish accounting service covers:
- handing of accounting ledgers (bookkeeping, income and costs account, VAT registers, income register, cost register),
- performance of annual financial reports according to Polish Law
- preparation of periodical reports , like balance sheet, profit and loss account
- preparation of additional reports in line with the specifications of the customer, subject to separate agreement
- calculation of monthly or quarterly tax liabilities in VAT and advance payments in CIT and PIT,
- tax returns
- tax office clearance
- preparation of tax declarations, and reports for the National Statistical Office (GUS), and others, if pre-agreed.
- tax advisory in Poland.
- financial consultancy
Polish accounting service consists of the collection of primary documents, verification of the correctness of the preparation of primary documents from the point of view of the law “On Accounting”. Checking the sequence of invoices (numbers must have their order), checking the sequence of bank statements. Introduction of documents into the electronic system, sorting documents according to invoices, making consolidation of accounts. Accounting in Poland is carried out in accordance with the Law on Accounting in Poland. An accountant in Poland should be well aware of other laws, including the law on employment, the tax code, the law on value added from goods and services. It is advisable that an accountant in Poland also knows the Company Code (KSH), because accounting in Poland affects many areas of activity. A good accountant in Poland holds a license from the Ministry of Finance. The license is issued after passing the exams. Keep these points in mind when looking for accounting services in Poland. We know Polish laws well – check us out through consultation!
According to the Law “On Accounting”, invoice numbers must be assigned in order(1, 2, 3 …).
Online documents flow and bookkeeping in Poland in 2023
Progress Holding accounting service practices to run documents flow with customers online. So the customer receives access to the personal account in the cloud and deposit documents there. So the customer and the accountant in Poland have simultaneous access to those documents. It facilitate the documents flow and by these means we execute online bookkeeping service. Proper business service helps you to save time and concentrate on sales.
Online bookkeeping in Poland
Convenient way of transferring documents to your bookkeeper is online mode. Progress Holding communicates onlie with our customers. You upload documents to dedicated ledger and receive reporting from Progress Holding dedicated Polish bookkeeper. Whenever you have to pay tax or payrolls, social security you are informed beforehand. Regularly you receive profit and loss accounts, balance sheet and balance statements with counterparties
What are the basic accounting documents in Poland?
In prncipal your Polish accountant will need:
- Invoices (there is a variety of invoices)
- bank statements
- transportation documents
- other documents, if your type of business in Poland requires it
Preparation and submission of a declaration in Poland in 2023 -Polish tax declaration
Main Polish accounting declarations are: VAT reports, a JPK report (list of invoices – a single control package for tax), a report for the Social Insurance Fund, if there are employees. All these reports are compulsory and prepared by our Polish accountants each month. Accounting in Poland must have an up-to-date electronic system that transmits all reports via the Internet. Control authorities quickly check the data of all counterparties and calculate the missing invoices of the counterparty. Overdue reports are fined, so accounting in Poland must submit reports on time. In emergency situations, the reports can be adjusted so that the company and accounting in Poland can change or replenish the reports.
Employee registration in Poland in 2023
How to register an employee in Poland? It consists in the preparation of the basic documents of the employee. In the case of a non-resident, permission to stay and work in Poland is required. In the case of a non-resident, there are 2 main types of work permits. The simplified procedure for obtaining a work permit up to 24 months (declaration of intention to entrust work) and work permit for 1 year is type A. Our Polish accountants provide this business service to our customers and help the employee fill out questionnaires and register the employee in the social insurance fund.
Progress Holding also provides a service for obtaining work permits for foreigners.
Accounting for foreign small companies – its our mainstream activity
Efficient business bookkeping service helps each company to solve administrative problems. It means handling issues with tax authorities, licenses, social security, work permits for foreigners, regular reporting etc. Professional business support rendered by Progress Holding generate more time to focus on sales.
Bookkeeping service for small comanies is indispensable, even very small business requires accounting. When your company starts sales its necessary to provide periodical reporting and registers like JPK. Delay of reporting generates penalties.
Annual reporting is provided to the tax authorities and to the Register (KRS). In this case bookkeeping service for small companies is needed as well. Business accountant elaborate annual report CIT 8 and fills it with tax authorities. Deadline for annual report to tax authorities is March 31. Up to June 30 each lagal entity has to place annual financial statement to the Register. Again bookkeeping services is required. In principal business accountant prepares Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Accounts, Introduction and Bookkeeping Description.
On the top of that, Progress Holding permanently monitors changes in Polish accounting regulations and occasionally report to our customers changes and interpretations.
Financial service for small and medium size foreign companies in 2023.
What is the difference of providing service to small and medium size companies? In principal an accountant in Poland providing service to small company has to handle much more items on behalf of the customer and explain more than in medium size companies. Small businesses have no resources to handle tax, payroll or HR service, that’s why Polish accountant has to do it on your behalf . Our customers receive full service in bookkeeping, payroll, contacts with tax or labor authorities
Accountants in Progress Holding support business and provide bookkeeping service for small comapnies and explains foreign entrepreneurs how to handle bookkeeping documentation in a proper way. Our Polish accountants try as much as possible to release foreign entrepreneurs from bureaucracy.
Taxes in Poland for companies
As we said above, the residence of the company is an important factor in the taxation of legal entities. Companies registered in Poland are considered as tax residents. They are required to pay taxes on profits. To confirm your residency, you can always get a CFR1 certificate from the tax office. If the company is not a resident, then only the part of the profit that is received in Poland is taxed.
Corporate Income Tax for companies (CIT ) and VAT
The taxable base is calculated by subtracting using the formula:revenue (i.e. turnover) – expenses = income, excluding VAT
In 2023, there are two main income tax rates in Poland:
- Tax 9% – is applied if the company’s annual income is less than 2,000,000 EUR. This rate is considered one of the lowest in the EU. This is a kind of support for small and medium enterprises –
- Tax 19%. Applicable if the company has made annual revenues of more than 2,000,000 EUR, and if during the year the revenue was less and at the end of the year exceeded 2,000,000 EUR, then the 19% tax is applied for the whole year
Basic VAT tax is 23%
Personal Income Tax ( PIT / Podatek dochodowy od osób fizycznych).
This tax must be paid by all persons who live in Poland and have income from entrepreneurial activity, or income from labor and civil law contracts, contracts of employment. There are two steps for taxation:
Progressive scale with two thresholds.
|Up to120 000PLN
|More than120 000PLN
We provide services throughout Poland
We provide accounting services in English, Polish and Russian
We will consult your ideas for free
Financial consultancy in Poland – what service you may expect from us?
Usually when you look for business support in Poland you find offers of the accounting service. Scopes of the offers vary from simplest accounting to complex accounting service, incorporation, bank loans, business evaluation, etc. Running a business in Poland you may encounter different problems to solve, therefore its better you choose counterparty, who can provide service in many fields. Price for such a service may not be necessary higher than in small accounting companies. Better you select two or three offers of accounting companies, compare and choose what suits you the best. Always ask price quotation, and check how quick they react on your inquiry. Mind that internet commentaries are not necessarily genuine. You may ask contact to the customer call and check credentials.
For example Progress Holding provides complex service, like:
- Accounting, preparation of the annual financial statements
- Handling matters in tax office, social security authorities, Court Register – KRS, authorities for labor control
- Incorporation, id registration number, electronic signature
- office address,
- Providing work permits for foreigners
- Assistance in banking services, opening bank account, loans, leasing and other credit products
- Business case Business plans, starting and enlarging customer base
- Private investors, found rising
CASE STUDY – HOW TO ISSUE AN INVOICE IN POLAND
Under Polish commercial law, a saler before issuing a VAT invoice, has the option to issue a pro forma invoice, invoice, perepayment invoice. An invoice or prepayment invoice are the accounting document. A pro forma invoice is not an accounting document – it does not prove that the transaction has been carried out, and therefore does not constitute the basis for payment. A pro forma invoice is treated as a confirmation of an offer to a counterparty or acceptance of an order for execution. If the order is actually executed, a VAT invoice should be issued for each pro forma.
Issuing correct VAT invoices is an essential activity for any business working to a payment deadline. It is an acknowledgement that a VAT-taxed transaction has taken place. It is crucial for VAT taxpayers as it is the basis for the deduction of input VAT.
In what period must a VAT invoice be issued
The general rules state that the taxpayer has until the 15th of each month that follows the month of sale to issue invoices. There are exceptions to this rule for:
construction services – the invoice must be issued by the 30th day after the services have been rendered at the latest.
activities related to the printing of books, among others. We issue the invoice then no later than on the 90th day after the performance of the service.
What is more, there is an obligation to issue an invoice at the request of the buyer of goods or services, if the request is made within three months, counting from the last day of the month in which the goods or services were delivered or part or all of the payment was received.
What a VAT invoice should contain?
- Date of issue – That is, the date on which the invoice was issued
- Sequential number – Given in a series specified by the trader. Each invoice must have a number that makes it easy to identify the invoice and its sequence in the series
- Names of the taxable person and the buyer of the goods or services and addresses – Identifies the parties of the buyer and the seller. This is an obvious and also very important element, as it is the basis for identifying each party in the event of a dispute, for example
- TIN – Be sure to include the Taxpayer Identification Number. The TIN of the purchaser should also be specified. In the case of natural persons, it may be PESEL
- Date on which the supply of goods or services was made or completed – This can also be the date on which the payment was received, as it is often the case that the invoice is issued before the services / goods have been fully provided. In this case, both dates – the issuing of the invoice and the delivery of the goods / services – should be included.
- Name of goods or services – The correct invoice should clearly state what is being transacted
- Number / extent of goods / services – The number (measure) of goods sold or extent of services should be stated. Presented e.g. in time or a specific product, e.g. making a website
- Unit price of the goods or service (net) – Specify the price of the goods or service (per 1 item), without VAT added. Here, you should also specify any discounts, if any.
- Value of goods or services – The total value of sales of goods or services after adding them up.
- Tax rate – Specify the rate of tax on which we operate in order to add the tax due. If we are operating at several rates, each good or service should have a list of tax rates to be charged.
- Tax amount – Chargeable on the sum of net sales, taking into account the different tax rates.
- Total amount due – The sum of the net amount and the taxes charged.
The elements that have been listed are mandatory elements that must appear on every invoice. There are also other elements that, in certain cases, must be included on a correct invoice. All cases are covered in the Value Added Tax Act.